365 Photo

Saturday, August 25, 2007

Knitting Scout

You may have noticed the new image at the side of my blog. My knitting badges. These are just to funny not to post.

The “Proselytize Knitting” Badge - A requirement for all Knitting Scouts, the recipient must do his or her bit to present knitting in a positive light, whilst at the same time avoiding all references to “hipness”, grandmothers, and yoga.

I think I do my part with this. I knit. I don't do it to be cool. I don't do it because its whats popular or "hip" I do it because I love it. and I try to help others to find this love.

The “MacGyver” Badge (Level One) - The recipient must demonstrate clever use of a non-knitting tool in a knitting-related scenario. For instance, recipient has used paper clips as stitch markers, or successfully whittled and then utilized bamboo skewers as dpns.

Paper clips make wonderful stitch markers. really they do.

The “MacGyver” Badge (Level Two) - The recipient must demonstrate clever use of a knitting tool in a non-knitting-related scenario. For instance, recipient has used a strand of Regia Bamboo to slice cheese, or repaired a small appliance with a metal knitting needle.

Oh man... I thought I was the only one. I've used my size US 1 metal needles to pick the lock on my door once. hahaha... and I've used then to push the "reset" button on things. they work well.

The “I’ve Been Rejected by a Knitting Magazine” Badge - The recipient has had a design or article rejected by a print or online knitting magazine.

Knitty rejected my Stinky-Cheese-Man pattern.

No comments:

Blog Archive